Thursday 17 November 2011

Crunchy lemon syrup loaf


Tomorrow is Children in Need and to help raise some cash for them the University is holding a cake sale.  I won't be buying as I am trying to loose a little weight, but that doesn't stop me from joining in - they still need something to sell.
Ideally I would make a chocolate cake like the one in the last post, but cakes like that don't work so well when wrapped in cling film, so I've made a crunchy lemon syrup loaf.  It is another of Mary Berry's recipes and one that is easy to make and tastes wonderful, if you like lemon.
I am particularly pleased with the loaf case, as it took me ages to find some and it worked perfectly.  Hopefully it will keep the syrup under control.  (this cake is very moist and can get very sticky.)

So if anyone is in Guildford tomorrow morning there will be cakes for sale in the Lecture Block from 1200.

No comments: