Saturday 5 November 2011

Double chocolate marshmallow muffins

Still holding their shape
I've never really had a go at making muffins.  I guess I never really saw the need, what's wrong with fairy cakes?  But I found a tasty sounding recipe in Eric Lanlard's Home Bake, double chocolate marshmallow muffins, and thought I would have a go.
Oh dear.  It's not often that things go wrong with my cakes, but when they do they do it properly.  In the tin they seemed ok, but as I moved them onto the wire wrack to cool I realised things weren't as they seemed.  Slowly they flattened, so rather than the nice big fluffy muffins I was hoping for, I ended up with pancakes. 
Flattened
I could deal with this, but apparently they don't taste that exciting either.  I wonder if the marshmallow that the recipe required you put in the middle of the muffins had something to do with it?  Maybe I need to find a very basic muffin recipe and perfect that first?

No comments: